Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious fish stew recipe. Fresh fish fillets cooked in a stew with onions, garlic, leeks, potato, bacon and white wine.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 5 cup(s) Medium Golden Potato
- 6 cup(s) Medium Red Potato
- 1 cup(s) Bacon
- 1 cup(s) Leeks (Diced)
- 1 pound(s) Cod/Tilapia/Whitefish Trimmings
- 1/2 cup(s) Celery (Diced)
- 1 cup(s) White Wine
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion (Diced)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Eatem Clam Base #20-003
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) Lemon (Thin Slices)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dill (Fresh/Chopped)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Eatem Chicken Base #14-001
- 3 teaspoon(s) Capers
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
Fisherman Stew Directions
- Heat Olive Oil in a large soup pot or kettle.
- Add Bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add Onions, Garlic, Celery, and Leeks, cook until glassy.
- Add Water and Base, bring to a boil.
- Add Potatoes and cook until al dente.
- Lower Heat to a slow simmer, Add Fish, Lemon, Capers, and White Wine.
- After a Minute add Large Clams.
- After Two Minutes add Mussels and Dill.
- Salt and Pepper to taste, stir before serving to insure even distribution of ingredients.
- To Stretch Soup Broth, steam extra Clams or Mussels for service. (Recommend One Clam, 2-3 Mussels/Cup, 3 Clams and 5 Mussels/ Bowl.